Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Day 73: Multitasking

Today definitely sets a record for the number of different tasks that I completed. I started the day by putting up tent tops and table skirts. While I was out we realized that there was an error on the live scoring sheets, so I reprinted those when I came back in. From there, I headed over to the starting tent to take equipment surveys as well as start the groups. The first group got off on time, but we had to delay the round due to severe weather before the second group went off. When I got into HQ, Casey, our TD this week, had me make some signs and post them around the clubhouse. I was going to stay awake throughout the delay in case we needed anymore signs or website updates made, but after the second 30 minute delay it was nap time. Tori had claimed a club with a soft head cover on it, so I took the little nook that Megatron (our paper carrier) and the starting boxes made. I didn't want to be seen by people walking in the door and I think I accomplished that!

When the weather finally cleared and we headed back out on the course, Brett took my spot in the starting tent so that I could help Casey in HQ with other tasks. I ran out and took some photos of the leaders. While I was out on the course I gave a ruling, which is bound to happen. I was also sitting on No. 17 green when the current leader boy slammed his club down after a bad shot. I was sitting right next to our Senior Rules Official and we went to check out the spot once they holed out. He had taken a divot when he hit, but the club slam caused a three inch impression just off the green. It was a penalty that kept the player from leading the round.

When I got off the course from taking photography, there was a huge ice cream truck sitting next to the putting green. I walk over and it's complimentary snow cones for players and officials. It was the best surprise of the day! I got all of the photos uploaded on Facebook and we got out of the office just 20 minutes after the ops. We went to Mellow Mushroom for dinner, which is the first restaurant that we ate at for our first tournament. Tonight's dinner was my last restaurant meal so it was cool to start and end with the same place.





No comments:

Post a Comment