Monday, July 22, 2013

Day 64: 16 hours straight

There's nothing like working a 15 hour day. Literally, though. I am exhausted! I was at the course and working from 5:45 a.m. - 8:30 p.m. There is something just so wrong about that, especially when it's already super hot at 5 a.m. Hello, Louisiana! This morning, Michael and I put up tent tops and side banners on the five tents around the course and then I stuffed the Junior-Am carts (meaning that I put player bios, hole location sheets, and Nuun tablets in each cart). When we were about ready to send off the 8 a.m. shotgun, Michael gave me any corrections that needed to be made on the scorecards and then I was able to print those out. I will say that, while Monday is an exhausting day, we eat really well on Mondays. We eat off of the Junior-Am breakfast and lunch buffets--much better then box lunches--and then we eat whatever food is at the Players Meetings, which tonight was pasta.


An unusual part of my Monday was my one-on-one sit down with Lauren, who works in the HR department and is pretty much in charge of the interns. She has gone from team to team, speaking with everyone for a mid-summer evaluation. We talked about the good, the bad and the ugly about the internship and my experiences as well as what I wanted to do in the future. It was a nice break in the middle of a hectic day and I was able to reminisce a little bit about my time this summer.


David Toms is on the left.
Next, I inputted all of the amatur's information that played in the Junior-Am. I then jumped to working on finalizing pairings and making copies of those. I also set up the screens and projectors for the Parents and Players Meetings and helped to set up registration. By the time all of that was done, it was time for registration. Normally I take pictures at reg, but Jeremy had me working one of the table, so Lauren took pictures for me, which is why I actually have a picture of me working reg! There was a Q&A session before the meeting with David Toms, the PGA Tour Professional. He is the main sponsor of the tournament and his son is playing in it, so he spoke to the players and parents about his past experiences and junior golf. I had heard a lot about him, but I had never seen him or met him, so I was happy to finally put a face with the name. Not being a golfer, I felt a little out of the loop since he is kind of a big deal. Now, I know!

No comments:

Post a Comment