Sunday, July 14, 2013

Day 55: Snooze

Moe & Tschida were awesome and
stuffed the Qualifier bags! Huge help!
Michael and I got to sleep in this morning, so we headed to the course around 9:45 a.m. and jumped right into getting everything printed and preped for the Qualifier tomorrow. We went to eat at this little hole-in-the-wall burrito place; it was delicious! We worked until about 3 p.m. and then headed back to the hotel. I was planning on catching up on some emails, but after five minutes of looking at a computer screen, my eyes were shut.

I was able to sneak in a 45 minute nap before Bridget, Michael and I headed to mass. The church was welcoming a new priest to their parish; the priest was maybe late 20s. He introduced himself and told the congregation a little bit about himself. It was just really neat to see such a young guy dedicate his life to Christ. It made me really excited for the youth in that parish because the young priest will be easier to relate to and will hopefully make them want to go to church and learn more about the Catholic faith.

The church we went to had a gorgeous chapel!
After mass we went to dinner at a Mexican place--yes, Mexican for lunch and dinner. Everyone was in such a cheery mood since almost everyone on the team had taken naps this afternoon. When we got back to the hotel, we stopped in the lobby and played a little foosball. The hotel we are staying in is all suites and it seems like it's a hotel for long term stay. The hotel has the normal pool and work out room, but it also has pool, ping-pong and foosball in the lobby as well as a restaurant and banquet halls inside. It's quite the compound. It just feels so good to be in a hotel again after staying with host families for the past five weeks. I was able to go workout tonight after dinner and just hang out, whereas I would normally have to make small talk with a host family during my off time. I have met some wonderful host families and I am so appreciate to them for hosting me, but it is really nice to have a some time to myself and have the option of just hanging out.

Foosball in the lobby
We gotta chip on our shoulder.

No comments:

Post a Comment