Sunday, July 21, 2013

Day 62: Second guessing ourselves

The girls get the Toyota Equinox comp car this week!
Complete with XM radio, navigation and just eight miles
on it when we picked it up from the dealership.
Comms got to sleep in today, so Michael and I went to the course at 10 a.m. this morning. We got there and went straight to work getting ready for the qualifier tomorrow. I proofed and formatted the pairings for the qualifier. When we make the pairings, we take into account the player's name (we don't want two John's in the same group), hometown, performance level, and siblings (we try to put siblings in back-to-back tee times. So I go through the players and look for discrepancies in the pairings that the computer automatically creates. It can take anywhere from 20-40 minutes depending on how many changes you have to make. Then, one the TD approves the pairings, you export and format them in Word so that they look nice and pretty. I actually love formatting the pairings, it's just fun to finally be at the point where you can print it out on letterhead and start making copies.

When I finally printed the pairings, I showed Jeremy, our TD, and he said that we printed it on the wrong letterhead. Michael and I looked at each other and at the same time said, "wait, what?" We had been printing the pairings on the wrong letterhead. Once Jeremy pointed it out, it made sense, but we had no idea. For the rest of the day, whenever we went to print something, we always double checked that we were printing the right thing on the right paper.

For dinner we went to this yummy Mexican restaurant owned by one of our junior's father. We were looking at the menu and Moe leaned over to me and asked what quail tasted like. I explained to him what it was, but I've never eaten it, so I didn't know what it tasted like. He decided that it sounded interesting so he ordered quail with a side of french fries and rice. It was an interesting combo to say the least.

Just a little side note, our host family has the most precious dogs! They are rescue dogs and they are so fun to come home to at the end of the day!


Quail. Yum?

No comments:

Post a Comment