Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Day 43: Camped out on No. 5

How beautiful is this sunrise?
One of my favorite parts of this internship is that you get to see some amazing sunrises and sunsets. Practically every morning you see the work of God coming to life in the sky and you know that no matter how hectic or frustrating the day is, God is looking out for you.

Pretty much my only assignment today was to get action photography of every player in the field, and when you have a field of 122, it takes awhile. It be exact, I was parked in the same spot on No. 5 from 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. It was a long day of looking at the same hole and watching players hit out of bounds over and over again. Since we need to many shuttle volunteers due to the size of the course, we are short on timing station volunteers. Therefore, I maned the timing station, took action photography and gave a few rulings on the fairway. I was multitasking like crazy. When I got in for the day, I renamed photos and prepared them for the website and Facebook. We got off around 8:15 p.m. and ate at our go-to restaurant this summer: Subway.

No. 4 on the course is one of my favorite holes! So pretty!

1 comment:

  1. 4 may be pretty but that is a lot of water for the players to avoid! Dad

    ReplyDelete