Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Day 65: Red, red, red, red, red, red, red, red, red card

Mr. Rogers!
Started off the morning following groups; I had the first three groups off of No. 1. Having the first groups off of the tee is a huge responsibility because however fast the first groups of the day go, it how quickly the field will usually go. So, the first rules official really has to be on their A-game to get the kids around the course. I gave all of my groups a little pep talk in the starters tents to get them motivated to walk and play quickly... first group of the day gets a red card on No. 2. Not a good start. To make things worse, my last group (or the third group of the day) also goes on red card on No. 2 just as my first group is going back on green card. It was a serious joggling act between those two groups.

Our host home this week!
When I got back into the clubhouse I started entering scorecards and getting ready to write the story. The last group finished around 2:45 p.m. and I was able to write the story and get everything preped for tomorrow by 5:45 p.m. I was pretty happy with that. Although with the work day ending so early, we had to say goodbye to Rogers for good. He has been at four of the eight tournaments we have run as either the TD, SRO or Regional Manager. He is definitely one of the best TD's we've had this summer and I'm really going to miss him!

Tonight for dinner everyone came over to Tori, Bridget and mine's host families and hung in their pool. Unfortunately, Bridget has strep, so she stayed inside. When the mosquitos got to be to much, we moved inside and played Cards Against Humanity, which is a grown up version of Apples to Apples. It is hilarious! I need to buy it!



No comments:

Post a Comment