Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Day 51: Family

Today was a really, really good day! Our TD said that it really couldn't have gone any better and it was good to hear. I started groups this morning and then followed the last two groups I started. I only had to give one ruling today and both of my groups were under time par by 10+ minutes! When I got done following groups, I started inputting scores and then I ran snacks and ware out to the crew.

When the second wave of players began to finish, I was back inside inputting scores and writing the story. We were able to fly through our work and finished just 20 minutes after the ops staff. To celebrate such a good round we hit up Cold Stone... Too bad I forgot my wallet. That's one way to diet!

Doone and Rogers playing around with the time par.
It's crazy to realize how much we've bonded with Debi, Tori, Kyle, and Andrew in just the one to two weeks that they have been with us. Then, when I look at my own group and realize that this once in a lifetime experience is soon to be over, I can't believe the amazing friendships that I have made. The crazies that make up my group are strong willed, one-of-a-kind individuals and together we make up an even better team. One of my team members was just kind of sad today and I wanted to do nothing more than give him a hug and get him to smile. These seven other people have been my constant companions for the past 51 days and they have become my family. I am truly so blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment