Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Day 72: Getting to play some golf

Coffee and photos... I love my job.
Today was my last day of first round action photography. We only have 78 players in the field this week so thankfully I didn't have to sit on No. 3 all day. I was done by 1:30 p.m. and I was able to head in and get all of the photos renamed before Michael even came in to do scorecard entry. Our headquarters is in the FedEx St. Jude Classic, the PGA TOUR, conference room. It's a really nice set-up... and by really nice I mean a 72" flatscreen television hanging from the ceiling, wheelie chairs, a great wifi system, a copier in the next room, and a coffee pot (with coffee) in the kitchen. Long story short, this week's HQ is a comms dream come true.

Today was the first day this week that we got off before the sun went down. We got off around 3 p.m. and Michael, Brett and I went down to the driving range and then actually got the okay to play a round of golf. The guys were all about it, but considering I've only hit probably 20 golf balls in my life, I didn't want to put anyone in danger and tee it up. So, I drove one of the carts, kept score and looked for lost balls. Seventy-two days ago, I never thought that I would have wanted to stay on the course after working so many hours. However, 80% of the memories I have from the summer have occurred on the golf course and I am not ready to give those up yet.
Teeing off on No. 1

We went to the famous barbecue restaurant, Rendezvous, in downtown Memphis for dinner. I didn't realize until we parked and starting walking to the restaurant that I had been there before. It was just as good the second time! We all walked around Beale Street after dinner and then Brett and I went on a walk when we got back to our host homes. The weather has been so mild (with a little rain and a few clouds) that I've been bugging people to go on a night walk. Between the nice weather and a stomach full of barbecue, the walk was a great and relaxing way to end a wonderful day!
Rendezvous is in a small alleyway in Memphis.







No comments:

Post a Comment