Sunday, July 28, 2013

Day 70: Starbucks

Today I worked my last qualifier! My alarm went off at 4:35 a.m. and I thought I was dreaming. It was just way too early. I was flying out the door at 5 a.m. to be to the qualifier course by 5:30. This qualifier was a little different not only because it was off-site, but also because it was in Mississippi, while our tournament course is in Tennessee. It was cool to cross over the state line, but not cool that I had to get up so early. Tori, Brett and I worked the reg tables and got all of the players signed in and ready to go.

I ran to pick up the Regional Director from the airport around 8:45 a.m. What I didn’t tell him was that I had Starbucks orders from the entire team (including the TD), so we were going to stop. I plugged Starbucks into the navigation system in the comp car and it ended up taking us to the Starbucks that was inside of Target. Nine drinks and two cup carriers later, we were on our way back to the course with energy in hand.
I got to be gatekeeper for scoring, which I had never done before. I pretty much just made sure that each person returned their sand bottle and that each member of the group was present before sending them to a scoring table. It was fun to experiment with a new position!


We headed back to TPC Southwind while the ops broke down the qualifier course and were able to finish up the qualifier and prep for the Junior-Am tomorrow morning. We got out of the office around 7 p.m., went straight to dinner and I didn’t pull back into my driveway until 9 p.m. Driveway to driveway time was 16 hours, which officially makes today my longest working day of the summer! Just wow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment