Monday, July 15, 2013

Day 57: Laundry in hotels

The past two days I could not find my laundry bag. It was in the back of the truck that was going to the dry cleaners, but it never made it into the store and it wasn't in the back of the truck. After walking through each step of Moe's day we finally figured out that my laundry was in the back of one of the courtesy vehicles, so I was able to do my laundry this morning in the hotel. The had the old time quarter crank set up. It was a throw back!
While my laundry was going, Kathleen and I ran to the store to pick up a few random things. They had my go-to carbinated flavored waters sitting on an aisle display and I had to grab some. I drank one of these waters almost every day during school and I had not had one in two months. It tasted so good!
Since a few of us got to sleep in, we headed to the course around 12:30 p.m. and jumped right into helping restage the carts from the Junior-Am round for the practice round. It's usually a little hectic with so many people and carts going every which way, but it was insanity today because it was also raining. We got all of the carts staged and got the players sent out into the rain on time, but we were all pretty soaked by the end of it. It was fun though to be able to use my rain gear. We've only gotten to use it once during our first tournament and I love our Footjoy rain suits! They are so nice!

While the ops staff broke down the course in record time (the rain really motivated them to go quickly), I was inside make copies of the Notice to Competitors and hole locations, which the players get each morning of the round, the staff packets for tomorrow and the pairings. I fixed a couple cart signs and made a few more for tomorrow and set up the projectors for the Players and Parents Meetings. The Parents Meeting was in the Sports Bar of the clubhouse and I was able to hook up the computer to one of the massive televisions in the bar area. I'm not going to lie, I was geeking out about how nice the television was and how cool it was that we were able to hook up the computer to it! It was a sweet set up. I made my way out to the trailer as well to take a paper inventory. I'm in charge of keep track of our equipment, which includes paper. I just have to be sure that we have enough of everything that we'll need for the next two or so weeks. 

So excited to have my flavored water again!
Thank goodness for hair dryers in the
women's locker room, so that we can
dry our clothes after the rain storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment