Saturday, July 6, 2013

Day 47: Walk it out

We got to sleep in a little today since we didn't have to be into the office until 9 a.m. Ms. Elaine, our host mom this week, is a coffee drinker (yay!), but she drinks the half caffeinated, half decaffeinated coffee (really?). I had two cups this morning, but I had to go exploring at the clubhouse for caffeine. I was so happy to find a coffee machine in the women's locker room! With coffee pumping through my veins, we jumped right into preping everything for the qualifier on Sunday and made all of the copies we'll need for the week.
There were no plates at Rudy's and you
got a full bag of bread with your order.

For lunch, we went to Rudy's, a down-home Texas style bar-b-que place. It was  good, but really different! Not only did they not serve the food on plates, but they didn't have pork BBQ. They had the Texas style BBQ, so brisket and turkey. Again, the food was really yummy and the atmosphere was cool. 

We finished up the rest of our projects for the day and I ran to Walmart to restock our office supplies. Debbie, Michael an I left about an hour before the ops crew! It's pretty rare for the comms to beat the ops, so it was a fun afternoon. I ended up going to the club's fitness center which the superintendent got us free passes to. I was on the treadmill for 20 minutes, when my phone buzzes with a text massage saying that Bridget and Landon would pick me up for dinner at 5 p.m... I was expecting to be picked up at 5:30 p.m. and it was already 4:35 p.m. I sprinted back to my house about 0.3 miles from the clubhouse, showered, got ready and was out the door by 5 p.m. We ate dinner at Julian's, an Italian restaurant owned by one of our junior's fathers. It was so yummy! Both Tachida and I fell asleep on the way to dinner, but I woke up and was able to snag a picture of him. He was a zombie! Andrew and Kyle, two guys from Team 1, flew in today to help with the tournament this week, so we're up to 12 interns. It's been a lot of fun to have Debbie and Tori with us, so in excited to have the other guys here. 

Dog tired! We all slept on the way to dinner.
When we got home, Debbie and I went for a walk around our neighborhood. Turns out that its a lot smaller than we thought, so we did two full laps and just talked. Ms. Elaine gave us flashlights since they don't have street lights here. It was super relaxing until we shined our light on two deer. We both instantly jump back and squeal a little bit. The deer jumped up when it heard us; we started running the other way. The deer ran the other way, so we stopped, but it was scary and funny all at the same time. With so many deer roaming around here, we knew we'd see some, but it was just so close!

No comments:

Post a Comment