Monday, July 15, 2013

Day 56: Steakhouse

See of carts at the trailer in the pitch black.
We got up bright and early to get over to the qualifier course by 6:00 a.m. The hotel opened up the morning breakfast for the pilots that are staying here, so they're allowing up to get that early too. When we got to the course it was still pitch black. Thankfully there were a few street lights around so that we could see what we were doing. I was assigned to registrations set-up with the boys, so I let them design the boxes of balls. They got so into it and made this huge wall on the edge of the table. They were pretty excited about it.

I was following groups throughout the Qualifier, so I went out on the course to find the holes my groups were starting on and I got hands-down lost. My groups were starting on Nos. 15 and 16, so I was hoping to ride No. 18 backwards  but I got so turned around and ended up on the front nine. I did finally find the correct teeing ground and was able to help my groups throughout the day.

After the qualifier, Michael and I went back to the tournament course and completed the rest of the things for tomorrow's Junior-Am and practice round. We got back to the hotel with just enough time to change before we headed to this rustic steak house. I'm not a big red meat eater, but I had to just go for it. I got the petite filet and a sweet potato! The filet might have been the best I've ever had! It was so delicious! They got the seasonings just right. We repped our tournament t-shirts that the tournament chairman had made. It was so nice to be at a dinner and not be wearing golf attire! It's the little things!


No comments:

Post a Comment