Sunday, June 30, 2013

Day 42: I'm on a boat

When my alarm went off this morning, I thought about hitting snooze and just sleeping. I didn't, but it was tempting. All of the stress and craziness from last week and long days have finally caught up to me. Thankfully, Tori figured out how to work the coffee maker at our lake house so I have some energy in the morning. We started registration and not 30 minutes later, the angles decided it was time to bowl. There was lightling and thunder in every direction. The shotgun qualifier ended up getting delayed two hours and 15 minutes. It was a hectic morning, but I did get to put up a banner (the yellow bar) on the website for the first time today.

When I was following groups around for the qualifier, I was down in the fairway on No. 7 spotting balls for players. I saw a players shot hook right, so when I saw him step off the teeing ground I rode up to try to find his ball so that I could motion to him whether it was in or out of bounds. It wasn't 30 seconds after he stepped off the teeing ground that he had already reteed and hit a provisional. I heard the smack of the ball, saw it take off in my direction and stomped on the brake simultaneously  My immediate reaction: "I DO NOT like where I'm sitting." It was one of those where I started squinting my eyes in anticipation for impact. I heard a snapping as the ball ripped through the trees above me and I suddenly felt a huge pelt as the ball stuck my hip. I opened my eyes. The ball had bounced off my hip, back over the passenger seat of the cart and landed about a foot outside of my cart. I looked up towards the teeing ground, gave the baseball "you're safe" motion and drove off. I was way too embarrassed and still in pain from the hit to stick around. If I hadn't of been there though, the ball would have gone out of bounds again, so I sacrificed myself to help that kid out... At least that is what I'm telling myself. 

Once I walked off that golf ball bruise, I took awards photography and then Tori, Tschida and I got off early. We headed home and spent the afternoon on the boat. We drove the boat and two jet skis out to the middle of the lake and just floated and hung out. It was wonderful and absolutely beautiful!


1 comment:

  1. It is the intent to provide valuable information and best practices, including an understanding of the regulatory process. boat hire gold coast

    ReplyDelete