Thursday, June 13, 2013

Day 24: Red card

My first red card
Matt trying to fix the copier.
I handed out my first red card today. I was shaking as I wrote it; it was tough. I was sticking with my 9:15 group because they were close to going on red card, so by the time that group got through the checkpoint and a got back to my 9:25 group things were all backed up. My 9:25 group needed a rules official and I wasn't able to be there so they waited around for one, which put them behind time par. So when I did hand the kids their red card, which is pretty much just a warning to keep up pace with the group ahead of them, I got an ear full from one of the boy's mom. I tried to be kind and just apologize, but then the mother told me not to get an attitude with her. It was a lose-lose situation. But I stuck with that group and they got back on green card at the next checkpoint, which was great news!

The talk of the course today was the Boys Division, a little 15 year old who shot an 11-under-par 61 for the round. His 61 tied the competitive course record!

When I got done, I inputed scores, wrote the news story and prepped everything for tomorrow. Unfortunately, we were there about 45 minutes later than we were planning on because the copier kept getting jammed. It was frustrating,
but it challenged me when I did leave to shower an get ready for dinner in 15 minutes! If you know me, that's worthy of its own blog post! We went to a fun seafood restaurant for dinner. The couple that took us out insisted that we try alligator bites, which were like hush puppies but with alligator. They were delicious!
Team 3 at Steamboat Bill's

No comments:

Post a Comment