Monday, June 17, 2013

Day 28: Happy Father's Day!

The Woodlands monument on No. 15
Today was the qualifier round, so we didn't have to be at the course until 11 a.m. Tori and I got up and went to 9 a.m. mass, which was great! Before we left for church, I called my dad and we got to speak for a little bit. My goodness, it was good to hear his voice! I am seriously so blessed. Best Dad a girl could ask for!

When we got to the course, we transformed into firefighters. For some reason, we had so many things happen that everything seemed to snowball into larger problems. We were all running around like crazy before the qualifier went off. One of my tasks was to put in the cart signs for the volunteers and the players for the shotgun. We needed 60+ carts... The golf course staff only had about 35 when I got there. It was chaos trying to magically make carts appear. We ended up with about 50, but when I went back to my cart to head out to follow my groups for the day, my cart was nowhere to be found even though it had a cart sign with my name on it. People were getting cart hungry! Even with the fires, we got the qualifier started 2 minutes early! 

It was a hot one, but we got the kids around the course. We had a 9 person playoff that lasted for about 90 minutes to determine would be the last person to be in the tournament this week. Tomorrow is Big Monday as we call it and I have to be at the course in 6 hours, so I'm calling it a night!

No comments:

Post a Comment