Monday, June 24, 2013

Day 35: Task swap

Storm clouds over The Bluffs.
I didn't have to go into work until 1 p.m. today and when do I wake up? 5:30 a.m. That internal alarm clock that I've developed is annoying on sleep in days, but great for days like tomorrow when I have to be up at 5:15 a.m. I got a workout in this morning and was able to get caught up on a few emails. When I got to the course, the Qualifier was just going off, so I helped with the last little bit of send off. I then proofed the tournament field and updated a few forms that we'll need for the tournament. I went over to the clubhouse and set-up the scoring tables for the Qualifier. About five minutes after I got back from setting up the scoring tables, our weather data started going crazy... I had to go move the scoring stuff inside. Murphy's law! I didn't mind though; it was nice to be up and walking around. We get stuck at the computers or sitting on a cart for hours at a time so being able to walk around is nice.

HQ is inside The Cottage.
HQ: home sweet home!
We ended up having a one hour weather delay, which pushed all of the comms work back an hour. With Infoscore and website difficulty as well, we were pretty flustered. Michael and I finally got to the point where we switched computers and tasks because I am able to edit in InDesign faster than he is and he can crank out a news story much faster than I can. I was honestly really proud of us. We are both capable of doing the tasks assigned to each comms position, but we definitely have our fortes. The fact that we were able to switch up the game plan so quickly and complete everything we needed to in a quick and orderly fashion was awesome! We've definitely grown as a comms team and I think it really shows in instances like tonight.

When we were finally done, we met the ops crew over at one of the tournament chairman's house for some fish and chips. There is nothing like fried food after a frustrating day! The good news is that tomorrow is one of my favorite days of the week and we get to start fresh! Here's to another day!

1 comment:

  1. Not sitting in the daycare this week. More like a regular office! Dad

    ReplyDelete