Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Day 22: Starbucks

After almost a month of drinking weak hotel coffee, I finally got Starbucks this morning! Yes, that is significant enough to earn the title of this post. We didn't have to be in to work until 11:30 a.m. this morning, so I woke up kind of early, got a run in and then Tori, Bridget, Landon, and I ran a few errands and wondered around some stores. It felt so good to get out and run again, although I am so out of shape!
The Gray Plantation Clubhouse is our headquarters
for the week.

The practice round for the tournament was this afternoon with the Players and Parents Meeting following it. I had a few assignments to help with the practice round, but for the most part my day consisted of final preparations for the first round tomorrow. I finalized the pairings and posted them online, I printed scorecards, prepped the starters box and volunteer clip boards and updated the General Information boards. It wasn't a terribly busy day, but there was still enough going on that I wasn't bored. Although it didn't crack 90°F today, within 45 seconds of walking outside you were sweating! It was so humid! 

For dinner, we headed over to Joey's, who is another man in the neighborhood. We keep getting passed from one house to another. I'm not sure who is likely it more, us or the neighbors, because they travel from house to house with us! It was nice tonight because  while there were a few new people there, we had mostly met everyone so we were able to relax a little more and just enjoy the conversation. Joey put on a full fledged fish fry for us! There were three different kinds of fish, fried pickles (they were so good!) and french fries. Joey had a professional frier going on the porch; it had three separate frying compartments. Some of the newbies that were there tonight, might be some of my favorite moms that I've met all week. They were just so bubbly and sweet. They made me feel right at home!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back to the world via Starbucks! Very good, it is! (think Yoda when you say it) haha. Dad

    ReplyDelete