Saturday, June 29, 2013

Day 40: Back to Texas

We loaded up this morning and made our way back through Texas. We didn't get a photo with the state sign the first time we went through, but since we'll call Texas home for the next three weeks it was time for a picture! It was supposed to be an eight hour trip, but with changing drivers four times, bathroom breaks, food stops and traffic, it turned into a twelve hour drive. Today was the first time all summer that I drove the trailer. I drove straight into Houston during the lunch hour traffic. It was a little stressful, but "slow and steady wins the race."
The scenery as we got closer to the course was amazing! There were mountains everywhere and the road wound through them. When we finally got to Horseshoe Bay, the views only got better! The golf course and resort are situated right on top of a mountain (not sure you'd call it a mountain, but it's elevated) and there is a lake at the base. It is stunning! Our tournament director had putt putt lined up for us when we got there. It was a full par-72, 18 hole course. It was so fun, but really frustrating! I was clearly the only one in the group who wasn't a golfer. I got lucky with a few putts, but the greens were actually pretty quick. I do understand though why I never took up golf... it is SO frustrating! Maybe I should just stick to the driving range for now. Although, I would love to try actually playing a course. I would have to block out an entire day for that though since there would be a lot of time wasted searching for lost golf balls.

 

2 comments:

  1. well if you have to start somewhere. Putt Putt at a great resort is a nice place to start to really do the golf thing! Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fact that you want to try 18 holes. Practice makes perfect!

    ReplyDelete