Friday, June 21, 2013

Day 32: Calm before the storm

We still had a few computer problems when we got to the course this morning, but thankfully they were all solved before the first groups went out! I was in the starters tent again this morning, but I opted for no jokes today. I'm not sure if I was too tired for jokes or if the players were too tired for them, but I was able to talk with a few before they started the round which was nice!

My favorite photo of the day! She was so happy!
I moved inside after starting and began moving files over to the USB drive for our tournament director. Each week, Michael and I put everything that we've worked on onto a USB drive to send back to headquarters in Braselton with our TD. With over 800 photos, it takes a while to transfer. While that was transferring, I started packing up anything that we were done with in HQ. I was honestly trying to find things to do because I was waiting for the leader boys and leader girls groups to start to go get pictures. I ended up scoring the first couple of groups while I was waiting for the photography call. That was the end of the calm.

When I did finally get out for pictures, I wasn't two holes from the clubhouse when I had to give a red card to a group. When you're the AV/Media (which is mainly photography) role, you don't have any groups to follow and rules officiate. It never fails that when the AV/Media person goes out for photos, they will also give a random ruling. Either way, I got the photos that I wanted! My favorite of the day was when the winner of the Girls Division finally holed out on No. 18. Her friend and fellow AJGA player ran to the green and gave her a huge hug; I think the picture conveys the winner's happiness and I love it! When the boys leader group came in to No. 18 green they had putts on every corner of the green. So, I was hustling to get in good angles for each shot.

Thursday's are my favorite shirt. We had a skunk sighting
on No. 18 this morning and then a beautiful sunset later.
Had to get a photo with the golf ball Landon found for me!
To condense a few hours of the "storm", we had a sudden-death playoff in the Boys Division, held the awards ceremony, took photos of all of the winners, named all of those photos, uploaded them to Facebook and the Microsite, checked all the scores, checked Michael's news story and packed up all of our equipment. During all of this mayhem, I remembered that I needed to go buy a golf ball from the pro shop. I am collecting a golf ball with the course logo on it from each course we go to. When I ran up to the pro shop though, it was already closed. I was pretty bummed, but had to jump back into our tournament wrap up. Not 30 minutes later, Landon, my teammate, walks through the door and throws me a Woodlands CC golf ball. He had run into the assistant head pro in the cart barn and Landon asked if they sold logo golf balls. The head pro just threw him and a ball and said to keep it... he gave it to me! I was pretty excited!

1 comment: