Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Day 30: Shade on No. 7

Pat and I got her WiFi figured out tonight (she didn't know she needed a password for guests), so I can now type my posts on my computer!!! Since I've been here, I've been writing them on my phone and it takes so much longer! Today was my "sleep in" day; I wasn't supposed to go in until 9 a.m., but I decided to go in at 8 a.m. so that I could get on the course early, start getting photos of every player in the field and then get off the course earlier. I'm so glad that I did! 

My cart sitting under the girl's tree. The boy's tree is
the one in the foreground on the right.
Since I have to get action photos of every player, I stake out on one hole and don't leave that spot until every player has teed off that hole. On photo days, it isn't boy's tee and girl's tee; it's boy's tree and girl's tree, as in find a shaded spot to put your cart in so that you don't even have to stand up to get the player photography. It's not only challenging to figure out the player's name that correspond to their photos, but it's also tough because there is no bathroom break on action photo day. Everyone has something to do, so no one can fill in for a few minutes and if you leave your spot, you'll miss a group. So while I did find shade to sit in, I was super dehydrated after 5 straight hours of taking photos! But I got all the photos, which is all that matters!

After I named all the photos, I uploaded some to Facebook and the website. I also worked on a few techie issues we had with our live scoring feed and proofed a few things for Michael throughout the afternoon. We got to eat the barbecue that the course had catered for the parents and players, which was yummy. We left the course a little after 7 p.m. and I decided to walk home since our host home is so close to the clubhouse (just five minutes)! I talked to Ms. Pat for awhile and then went for a run. It felt much better than my workout did two days ago! Plus, I was booking it because it was starting to get dark.
No. 8 green with Ms. Pat's house in the background.

1 comment: