Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Day 37: Red cards, time par and bugs. Oh my!

The tough week continues. There are so many parts of this tournament that are different than others that I've been a part of that I am getting really confused. Thankfully I now figured out the uploading confusion that I was having. I felt bad for the people I was talking to because I asked a lot of questions, but I asked them each about 5 times, phrasing it at least 2-3 different ways to have 100% certainty that I was doing things correctly.

I was in the starters tent this morning and got eaten by bugs! These remote courses are beautiful, but there are so many water elements and wildlife areas that bugs seem to attack you. When I left the scoring tent, I went to catch up to my groups, whom another rules official had been watching for me, and before I drove by one hole I was pulled into watch a group on red card. That group got back on green, but when I went back to meet my groups, everyone was 25-30 minutes behind time par. It was so strange. Thankfully my groups were quick players and were all under 10 minutes of each other. 

Once I got back into HQ a few different things happen that weren't good and fell onto my responsibility list. I take full responsibility. I said it once and I'll say it again, this internship gives an enormous amount of responsibility to each person and with great responsibility comes great reward and a great opportunity to mess up. I am trying so, so hard to take things in stride, which is so hard for me, but I'm trying.

I don't want to go into the details of today, because my hopes in these posts is to celebrate the blessings and joys that this internship provides me. I will say is that this tournament has some of the nicest juniors and families in attendance. They are all so kind and welcoming that even on difficult days, I can't help but smile. And on that note, I'm looking forward to a fresh start tomorrow.
Found this guy roaming on No. 12.
This is what our assignment sheets
look like each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment