Sunday, June 16, 2013

Day 27: Family

Her coffee pot is so big!
I ran part of the course this morning since my host mom's home is right on the course. It was great to get out and run again, but man, I am out of shape! I was going to go to Starbucks afterwards, but I "made myself at home" and found some coffee. Her coffee pot was a throwback... to when I didn't drink coffee. When I did go in to work, I worked on some prep work for Monday's Junior-Am.

For dinner, my sweet cousins, Melissa and John, took me to dinner! It was so good to see them and to see family again! When they dropped me back off at my host home, Ms. Pat was home so I was finally able to meet her! She is the sweetest lady! She actually reminds me a lot of my grandma Pat, really thoughtful, asking a lot of questions and just sitting and talking to pass the time. 

I was only home for about 10 minutes before the whole team picked me up so we could go walk around The Woodlands little downtown area. They have a river walk with different little shops and restaurants. We stumbled upon this rooftop bar and lounge that had a DJ playing. So we ended up staying there and dancing for about three hours! It was so much fun and the view was amazing!

Melissa, John and I
The view from the rooftop lounge.

No comments:

Post a Comment