Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Day 23: Hat day

Our HQ this week
Believe it or not, today was my first day wearing a hat on the course! I was the first person to HQ this morning. It was nice to have a moment to collect and organize my things before the craziness of the day began. I set up tent tops, the media and coaches sign-in and organized the carts. I was starting this morning, so I spoke to and announced groups off of No. 1 tee. I didn't tell as many jokes today; I didn't seem to have as much time with the groups as I did last week. 

After I announced from 7:15-9:15 a.m., I had three groups to follow on the course throughout their round. I rode back and forth between all three of them to help them with rulings and spot balls. I gave four rulings today, three of which were lateral water hazards, so I am getting more comfortable with knowing the rules and when to do what. My last group finished at 1:26 p.m., so I was roaming around on the course for six hours. I can tell you one thing: it was HOT! It was 92°F and 65% humidity today and it's only supposed to get warmed the next two days.

Once my groups were done, I began imputing scores, writing the press release for the round, interviewing the leaders and prepping all of the paperwork for tomorrow. It was a busy afternoon. I was the first one there this morning and I was the last intern to leave tonight. We headed over to another family's house for dinner. They served sausage and chicken gumbo, a crawfish and shrimp casserole, pasta salad and bread pudding. It was all delicious, but heavy. We got to their home at 7 p.m. and I was falling asleep standing up at 8:30 p.m. 
The snazy new Operation Hydration tent tops.
My view for the day; not a bad "office."

 

1 comment:

  1. A pleasant update. You do have a nice view from your office but that thermostat can be tricky. Dad

    ReplyDelete