Thursday, June 27, 2013

Day 38: Reading for fun

I need to own this mug.
Between sleeping in, only having 2 groups to follow and being done with work at 6:45 p.m., today was a great day! The 8 a.m. sleep in helped and the huge amount of coffee I drank sure didn't hurt. I found this huge mug in my host family's cabinet and I've adopted it for the week! It's filled to the brim each morning.

 I got to follow two of the same groups I followed yesterday today. They were great yesterday and they were all green today as well. I stopped at the grassman on No. 5 to snap a picture. Someone put a sign on his club saying Welcome AJGA staff and golfers; it was cute. I had taken one picture and one of the juniors from the group I was following casually slid into the background. When I got to the back nine, my groups were actually waiting on the groups in front of them to play so there was a lot of down time. While I was still watching the groups around me and making sure they were all set with rulings and such, I started reading the Rules of Golf book. I would watch the groups out there and think of "what if" scenarios and figure out what the ruling would be for it. It was funny, sad and interesting all at the same time.

Landon actually came to take over my groups around No. 11, so I was able to distribute water to the back nine and make my way inside to start entering scorecards and writing my story. I was able to have all of the girls groups entered and the Girls Division part of the story written before I had to go interview the boys leader at the end of the day. It was great! We were able to wrap everything up by 6:45 p.m. and headed to the tournament chairman's home for dinner and a little pool time. They had homemade burgers, deer sausage and homegrown vegetables. Just when I thought it couldn't get any better, they brought out watermelon! Only my favorite summertime food (shout out to my dad)!
The grassman on No. 5


Reading the rules for fun.


1 comment: