Monday, June 3, 2013

Day 15: Picture fiasco

My favorite photo of the day! Rachel giving the last
announcements before the practice round.
Finally! The tournament began today with the practice round this morning and the Junior-Am round this afternoon. Surprisingly, when my alarm went off at 4:20 this morning, I was ready to go! I was just in charge of placing cart signs in the cart placards this morning and taking pictures during the practice round send-off.

All of the photos that Tori and I developed and stuffed!
76 total frames!
In the afternoon, I took photos of the Junior-Am send-off, player registration, the parents meeting and the players meeting. While I was taking photos of the Tournament registration, Tori went out and took pictures of all the Junior-Am teams while they were playing on the golf course. She came back in from taking pictures around 3:20 p.m. We had to get the photos edited, sent to a 1hr photo, picked up, and stuffed into the correct frames (which were signed by a specific player in the photo) by 6 p.m. I got the photos sent in by 4:06, Tori and I dropped off a player at her hotel, got the photos from the closest Walmart (which was 25 minutes away), stopped by Sam's to buy more fruit and made it back to HQ by 5:55ish. With three of us stuffing frames, we had the photographs out on the awards table a little after 6 p.m. It was past the deadline, but I've never power walked that quickly through Walmart and Sam's. I'm embarrassed because I was almost running through the stores, but I'm proud of all we accomplished in that short window of time.

We finally left the course at 8 p.m. That's a record: 15 hour work day. One of many, since 5 a.m. to 8 p.m. will be my normal hours during the week.


1 comment:

  1. Impressive performance. At the end of the summer I wonder how much your perspective will have changed regarding performance and deadlines. Dad

    ReplyDelete