Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Day 29: Getting some sun

Even though we got an early start this morning, today was a great day! We had the Junior-Am this morning and the practice round this afternoon. Monday's are the longest day of the week, but there are definitely high points on Mondays. For example, we get to eat the breakfast and lunch provided for the Junior-Am, which is always very nice food. During breakfast this morning, I was saying how I need coffee in the morning to have any hope of getting things done throughout the day and Alyssa mentions that there is coffee in the women's locker room 24/7!!!! Best news ever!!! My week just got so much better! There is also more down time during the day to finish getting things prepped for the tournament.

We have a graphic artist writing our scoreboards this week. I was watching him write the scores for the Junior-Am and started talking to him. I got so interested that I ended up interviewing him a little later in the day so I could add his story to the tournament News and Notes blog. He taught himself calligraphy and was asked to write the scorecards for the US Open 6 years ago, which was actually the last year they had hand written scorecards. He described the writing as bringing a player's score to life. It was really neat!

To make the day even better, Tori and I got to leave at 2 p.m. today! We came home and I went straight to the deck in my bathing suit with a book to try to even out my golfers tan. It's not cute. We also got up to the mall and went to dinner. It was a nice and relaxing afternoon! When we got back from dinner, Ms. Pat, our 73-year-old host mom, was home. She came up to us as we came in the door, asked us what we did this afternoon and then asked us if we wanted a drink. Although we declined, it was so funny! We ended up sitting on her living room floor talking about a little bit of everything for about an hour. She was a physical education teacher for 28 years and has now work the drink cart on the golf course for 13 years. She is just as sweet as can be! She gave us a big hug goodnight just in time because I was struggling to keep my eyes open!
Ms. Pat volunteered at the tournament today.
We shopped around for non-collared shirts.



No comments:

Post a Comment