Monday, June 24, 2013

Day 36: Sauteed veggies

Sunrise over The Bluffs
The Bluffs Clubhouse, complete with a helipad.
If you haven't picked up by now, I normally name my daily post after the highlight of that day. If the highlight of my day was the fact that we had sauteed vegetables as a side for dinner, you know it was a tough day. This morning started of badly before I even left the driveway, but thankfully I found a coffee mug bigger than my face in my host family's cabinet so I was hyped up on coffee. While I put up the tent tops on No. 1, I got to see the GORGEOUS sunrise over The Bluffs. The Bluffs is this huge sea of sand situated in a sort of valley. When it rains really hard, the valley fills with water and it is a small lake. The picture to the left served as a reminder to me all day that God is always looking out for me and to lean on him. No man can create the beauty seen in the sunrise this morning. It's all God.

We had a few more technical issues around lunch, but I got it sorted out. Unfortunately that "sorting out" pushed my work back about 45 minutes. Michael got the afternoon off, which I wasn't aware of at the start of the day. Since he wasn't there, I inherited the rest of his tasks for the afternoon, which is fine, but again it scattered my assignments and ended up adding about another two hours of work to complete. Dinner, though, was delicious! The chef at the clubhouse is spoiling us!

Today was a reminder that without the bad days, we wouldn't have good days. On the bright side, with the tournament finally starting tomorrow, the anticipation and guessing games should (key word = should) be over and it will hopefully be smooth sailing from here on out!

No comments:

Post a Comment