Friday, August 2, 2013

Day 74: Last day


My last Twitter photo for @AJGAGolf.
I can't believe that today was my last day of work. It seems like I just started a week ago and I just started to get the hang of all of the assignments yesterday. I was on tent tops, table skirts and side panels this morning with Tyler, the tournament assistant. He completed the internship last summer so we spoke about his experience and mine and how to stay in touch with teammates. It was a good way and a good conversation to start the day with. I actually stayed in the starting tent and started the groups off of No. 10. It was fun to get my last bit of announcing in since I didn't get to start yesterday. I actually started one of the girls that I started at the Chateau Elan tournament during training. It was cool, but a weird realization that that occurred two and a half months ago.

After all of the groups were started and my teammates continually called on the radio to say "this is your last ____," I went out on the course and took final round action photography. I have surprised myself with my photography this week. It was a special tournament with so many sponsors so there was a lot of pressure to capture everything and highlight the sponsors' involvement. I had uploaded 30 photos before the first round even started... Normally I have about 30 photos total at the end of a tournament, so I was really proud of the 67 photo Facebook album for this tournament. When I was
ready to upload the final round photos this afternoon, I wrote the captions, Michael checked them for grammar and spelling and then hit upload. When I checked them, all of the captions had erased, so I had to go back through and re-write all of the captions. It was so frustrating, but I was able to rewrite them in just 30 minutes.

Best part of the bag was that most of the
memories were written on the back of
timing sheets and Pace of Play forms.
Since we were short staffed, we took on a lot more tasks than we normally would. It was an exhausting week; I'm not sure I've ever worked so hard for so long as I did this week. Our whole team really stepped it up and I was so proud of everyone's attitude and willingness to take on more then what was required of them.

To end the night, we went over to the Tournament Director's home for dinner. She made a delicious meal and we all ate together, but after dinner she insisted that just the six of us (our "family") go up to the rec room and hang out. I had been keeping a "Team 3 Shits and Gigs" bag all summer, which was just a zip-lock bag that I filled with quotes and funny memories from throughout the summer. We sat in the rec room and passed the bag, each picking one slip of paper with a memory out and reading it to the group. It sounds so cheesy, but it was a highlight of the week. One person would grab a slip and start laughing making it impossible to even read the memory or quote. When it was finally read aloud, someone would launch into another memory that the quote reminded them of. It was a full hour of just reminiscing about the summer and enjoying one last night together. It was perfect.

Last team photo. Love these guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment