Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Day 8: First Rulings

The sunrise over the golf course this morning before we
took the carts out for the round.
Today was the second day of the tournament at Chateau Elan. It was a shotgun style round, so all of the golfers started on different holes at 8 a.m. My group today was so sweet, but we did have a couple rulings, which I had to handle. Besides calling a ground under repair a water hazard and almost giving the wrong ruling, it was a pretty successful day. I got to talk with all of the parents of the girls in my group which was wonderful as well!

I also worked on the tournament story that would normally be posted to the tournament website. The story I wrote today was just for practice, but I needed to work on my golf lingo and writing style  Michael and I were the first comms team done again today, which was exciting! Hopefully we can keep getting our work done quickly and getting off at a decent hour. Once our comms work was completed, we went ahead and packed our equipment into two large birds, or tubes, in preparation for our departure on Wednesday.

Before we left HQ, Katie, the Tournament Director, did a small trivia game and the people who got the questions correct got a golf club towel from the tournament today. She had four towels to give away and all four towels went to my team! Looks like we can expect great things from Team 3 this summer! We also got to go to dinner on our own as a team tonight. We went to O'Charley's and had a great time. I laughed so hard that I cried at one point, which seems to be becoming a trend with my group! We were still in our uniforms when we went to dinner and got more than one strange look from others. We also went to Target to get a few things before we leave and then headed to a small bar to hang out with some of the other interns. It was a nice and relaxing way to end the day and get to know some of the other interns that are not in my group!
Tori and Brett with Ox, one of our trucks.
Pat, Tschida and Brett walking into Target in our uniforms.

No comments:

Post a Comment