Thursday, May 23, 2013

Day 4: Team Assignments

Trying to sort through all of our equipment.
First day of driving to headquarters on our own and we were on time! It was my first glimpse into what the rest of the summer will be like and I am so insanely excited! Doing it all on our own was so strange since we're used to having a full-time staffer with us constantly.

When we got to HQ, we rotated around stations were we learned about different equipment, set-up procedures and tournament stations. For the most part, it was all fairly easy for me to grasp. Again, my tournament volunteering helped me greatly today! We also learned about our different team roles and how to complete those. I am comms equipment, so I'm in charge of keeping track of all of the comms equipment. Since we already went over most of the equipment I will be responsible for, I helped the inventory captains start counting the equipment that will be in our trailer. We must count every single item in our trailer at the end of every tournament. For example, it's not good enough to say that we have a box of towels. We have to open the box and count the number of towels and identify what type of towels they are. By the way, we had 100 towels.

After lunch we went to more stations where we learned how to announce and start groups at the first tee, work timing stations and speaking with players. Before dinner, we put on our uniforms and took intern staff and team photos. It's going to take me a little while to get used to putting on a nice polo and shorts to go running around the golf course and work hard. My team is still just as awesome and hilarious as the first day we all met with even more inside jokes and laugh about!


Team 3 in our uniforms!

No comments:

Post a Comment