Sunday, May 19, 2013

Adventure is Out There

Tomorrow I move into my first hotel to start my summer long internship. I can't believe this opportunity is finally here; it's been a long time coming. I first learned of the company at UGA's career fair in September, I turned in my application and had my first round interview in January and participated in the weekend long second round interview in March. Now, eight months later, I can't help but think of all the experiences that have lead me to this moment. From the people that I've spoken with and the dedication of every employee, I know that I found a company whose values align with my own.

While the excitement and honor of receiving this internship have me ready to get on the road, I can't help but think of all that I am giving up to have this experience. I'm giving up attending my friend's wedding, my best friend's 21st birthday celebration and all of the wedding showers for my only sibling. That last point really has me second guessing if I made the right decision to accept a traveling internship for the entire summer. My brother will only get married once and I'm going to miss all of the last minute planning, taste testing and shower. It's a hard thing to come to terms with since I am close to his fiance and am in the wedding party.

I took this internship as a way to expend my personal knowledge, meet new people and travel to some amazing golf courses. It's hard to choose which thing outweighs the other, but I know that God has led me to this moment. He has a plan and somehow, I know it will all work out. So, I am choosing to go to sleep early tonight and get ready for a long summer of early mornings, golf terminology and building some amazing relationships! Here goes nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment