Thursday, May 30, 2013

Day 11: Laundry day

I feel like today was my first official day as an AJGA Intern. We woke up later than we will this summer, but we began working on all of the tournament documents for the upcoming week. It felt great to finally execute the tasks that we have been simulating and talking about for over a week!

We jumped right in this morning by making cart signs and stuffing volunteer packets while the ops crew was marking the qualifier course. I also snuck out and did come course photography, which I posted on the tournament website. We set up HQ yesterday in the Steelwood clubhouse and it is spectacular  It sits to the right of the 18th green and overlooks the lake. There is an outdoor covered patio with tied white curtains between every pillar. It is southern charm at its finest!

The Steelwood clubhouse where we set-up HQ.
It was also laundry day today. Since the hotel doesn't have guest laundry, we took our laundry to the golf course and used the machines that they normally wash the club towels in. After I switched the guy's shorts loud into the dryer--well, half of their load went in the dryer, because the goobers didn't want some of their shorts dried. Divas!--I threw my laundry into the washer. With 30 minutes before we left for the day, I went to throw my stuff in the dryer. Well the washer had backed up and wouldn't drain, so the head pro had to come and help me. Although we got the water to drain out of the washer, I still had to wring out my clothes before putting them in the dryer. The washer malfunction put me behind schedule, so my clothes didn't have time to dry all the way. Therefore all of my laundry is draped around my hotel room! Never a dull moment! :)

We got a little time off before dinner and we all headed to Ross. I had wanted to get a sleeveless polo for set-up days, but I somehow ended up finding and buying a blue and white striped polo. I actually really like it. All of these preppy clothes were throwing me off and now I'm starting to like them! What?! I think that part of it is that I don't have to think about what to wear the next day... the answer for the next two months will always be a polo and long shorts or a skort. Easy peasy, lemon squeezy!

While we were able to take care of some house keeping tasks, tomorrow will be the big task day as we dive head first into the tournament pairings and logistics. I'm so excited!

2 comments:

  1. This may be my favorite daily blog so far. Keep having those memorable moments! Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lot of fun you prepster you! you've inspired Michael and dad to golf this afternoon! (not that they ever need an excuse...)

    Love you.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete