Sunday, May 26, 2013

Day 7: First tournament

Today was the first day of the preseason tournament at Chateau Elan, which is where the AJGA headquarters is located. Today was also the earliest that we had to report to HQ: 6 a.m.! We got to HQ this morning and went straight into morning assignments. Michael and I were with two other intern teams and we set up the a-frames on the first tee. All interns acted as walking rules officials today, so Michael and I started the 7:50 a.m. group and walked all 18 holes with them. Today was my first time walking a course and I am exhausted! I didn't even have a golf bag to carry! I didn't have to give any rulings, which I'm a little disappointed about since I am still uncomfortable with that aspect. However, I did get a bad time warning, so I at least got to go through the motions of talking to the players.

After my group finished, I went to 18 green and took some action photos, which came out really well! I also took photos of the BBQ and Care for the Course party, edited all of those photos and uploaded one to the website and one to Twitter. There were a few other little tasks that I completed and we finished the day with a meeting. Comm interns had to stay after (which will be the norm for the summer) for an additional meeting. From the time I got to HQ this morning to the time I left, I worked a 15 hour day. That's just a small taste of what will be a regular day this summer! Now, time for bed... It's 10:15 p.m., which is now considered late! Night!

The sun rising over the Pro Shop this morning (left) and the
sun setting as I left HQ tonight (right). It was a long day!

No comments:

Post a Comment