Thursday, February 3, 2011

Where to begin?

     A blog. I can just see the eyebrows raise and a puzzled look appear in their eyes. Yes, a blog. I am an English minor, so doesn't that entitle me to some sort of writing outlet? That might be a stretch, but I just felt the need. So, here I am on a Wednesday night (technically Thursday morning), procrastinating my last cram session for my Geography test. Procrastinate = blog? Apparently tonight it does.
   I had an interview today for this amazing program that I would be honored to be a part of. It was at 2pm and I have been re-playing my answers and the interviewer's facial expressions in my head. Is that sideways smile a "I like what you are saying" or a "You just dug yourself in a hole?" We all do it. Get a question, and say the first thing that pops into our mind and when you are walking out the door, the best possible answer finally shows itself to you. Well here is the answer that I wanted to change:
     Question: What is one thing that you do that others find weird or strange?
     Original answer: I love to read. I plan my day around when I can sit down with a good book.
     'Wish I could go back and change my answer' answer: I plan my day around when I can go to the gym. I wouldn't say that I am a workout-aholic, but I do love it. By planning my day around it, I lose two or so hours, but gain concentration and ease for the rest of the day. We all have that one weird thing that we don't want others to know about, but that is who we are. If you change it, you're lost. If we can all find that one book, exercise, song, or quote would we all have better days? I believe in the simple pleasures of life and doing something just for the heck of it. If I could live every day of my life as though I am running on a treadmill, I will be one happy person. When I run, my stress melts away, my problems are left in the dust, and my heart rate and pure adrenaline pull together and, somehow, calm me. My prayer is that we can all find that one thing and dwell in it. If I run, even just to the bus stop to catch an East-West to the dining hall, I have peace, calm, and good in my day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment