Friday, February 4, 2011

Laugh At Yourself

My dad taught me at a young age that if you are able to laugh at yourself you can get through a lot of hard times. I "stand" by this statement. By "stand,"I mean that I fall and get back up time after time. There are certain situations that are impossible to laugh at when they are happening.
So, I went to a social tonight. The theme was 1990's. Now, whenever someone says anything about the 90s, our instant response is "Oh, I love the 90s!" I have nothing against the 90s, but when you try to think of cute ways to dress to represent the 90s, it doesn't seem like the best decade. However, 5 guys at the social were the Power Rangers, tights and all. What could have been a.... strange outfit turned into the best part of the night. They laughed about it. We laughed about it.
Think this isn't that interesting? Just picture a 6'2"college guy in pink tights and a pink windbreaker. Is that a smile? Mission accomplished!

No comments:

Post a Comment