Friday, February 18, 2011

A New Dish

Every person has a favorite restaurant. If you don't, your mouth must be sown shut and you cannot eat real food. If this is your case, I am so, so sorry; because, I do not know what I would do without delicious food.
At your favorite restaurant, you probably have a favorite meal. You can discover a favorite dish by trying different entrees or, if you are lucky enough, the first time you entered the restaurant, you chose the perfect meal and you now order it every time you go there. The latter applies to me for my favorite restaurant in Athens: Transmetropolitan. Transmet, for short, serves yummy Italian style food. Since Italian food is my absolute favorite, I was immediately drawn in. My meal of choice: a side salad with fresh mozzarella and a amazing slice of pepperoni pizza with thin, crunchy crust. I don't even bother looking at a menu.
Last night, however, I did something crazy. No, I didn't do what you are thinking of. I ordered something different (Cue the dangerous/adventuresome music). I ordered a panini with sauteed green peppers, red onions and portobello mushrooms with grilled chicken. It was delicious. 
La scoperta di un piatto nuovo è più preziosa per il genere umano che la scoperta di una nuova stella. From Italian to English: The discovery of a new dish is more precious to human beings than the discovery of a new star. Or at least this saying is true for me.
We are all so concerned about what we are putting into our bodies. I can't lie, I'm probably more concerned than most, but healthy eating habits are essential to a healthy life. But every once in awhile, roll up your sleeves and enjoy a new, different, and delicious meal at your favorite restaurant. Besides, can it really be considered your favorite restaurant if you have only had one or two things on the menu?

No comments:

Post a Comment