Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Day 1: The Adventure I've Always Dreamed Of

Three weeks ago, I was talking to one of my best friends on the phone and she told me that she got a new job. We were excitedly talking about her new position when we realized that her start date coincided with the start of my summer class. Instantly, we started talking about spending a week at the beach or going on a road trip. As a joke, one of us threw out that we should just go to Italy. Silence on the phone... We really could. Five days later, the cities were narrowed down; seven days later, the flights were booked; 10 days later, the hotels were booked. This was happening.

Now, I'm sitting on a plane about to land in Paris to catch a connection to Verona to start this surreal trip! I still can't quite believe it. I'm looking out the window and I see France sprawled out below, but Italy has been one of those dreams that I just never thought would come true. I dreamed of traveling here on a business trip later in life or coming here with my husband for our anniversary, but here I am with one of my best friends at 22 years old setting out for Italy. Wait, really? 

It is happening! I was a frantic mess on the way to the airport in Atlanta. I swore I overpacked. Should I take my camera? Did I remember all of our paperwork? Seriously, I was a mess. Sitting on this plane, looking out the window over France though, I don't care if I forgot something or regret bring my camera because I'm on my way to Italy. I still can't wrap my head around it, but I am so unbelievably excited to explore Italy! Ciao!


No comments:

Post a Comment