Saturday, May 10, 2014

Commencement: The Beginning

It's funny, I've been waiting for this moment all year. The moment when I decorate my cap; the moment when stand with my friends on the field in Sanford Stadium; the moment when I turn my tassel to the left. However there were moments that I didn't think about. The moment when I hugged my parents after my name was announced at my specific college graduation; the moment, for that fact, when my favorite professor read my name at graduation.

It felt surreal and it still does now. I'm done. Except for one class (details, details), I'm done. Done with carrying a bookbag, done with grades and done with the "little kid" drama that seems to escalate so quickly in a college town. 

School work, classes and homework dominate your life until you're 22. That's all we know. Now, standing at the edge of "the rest of your life" when it comes to work and making money, it's a daunting thought. Yet, I can't help but just be happy. I know that I'll have to work hard in my career, whatever it may be, but I'm not going to sweat it. God has a plan and I'm just along for the ride--what a wonderful thought that is! So for now, I'm going to celebrate this milestone. It feels amazing and I can't wait for the next chapter in my life to start!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, you describe it so eloquently Megan. God's instructions are "give it all to me-that's what'm here for" and you, you give thanks for the many blessings in your life!

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete