Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Forgetting My Worries & Counting My Blessings

Today started like any other day, got up, shuffled downstairs, coffee, work... I came up short when I logged onto Facebook though. We all know the drastic changes that Facebook has been going through recently (and, trust me, I write a full post on how frustrating that is), but that is not the point I am getting to. Today, while I sit at my computer worrying about who I am going live with next year, praying my brother and his girlfriend will have a safe trip, and contemplating what I'm going to eat for dinner, is Faith Cline's 19th birthday.
I'm pretty sure that I've written about Faith before, but she is such an influential part of my life and it seems wrong to not celebrate her life again. She taught me so much about living a happy and full life, celebrating everything, talking to others in a kind way, being slow to anger, and love the Lord God with all your heart. She was never afraid or embarrassed to answer questions about her cancer. Faith taught me to have faith (her name suits her so well!) in the Lord's plan and to answer to him first before I try to live my life. He is the one and only who will get me through the tough times to bring me to the good times.
She has been gone for a little over a year now and today, her birthday, reminds me to not take anything for granted and to walk through life with an open mind and heart. I am reminded that my struggles in life are nothing compared to the heartache and fierce longing that Faith's family and friends must feel everyday. She always strove to help others and put a smile on other's faces even when she was so sick. I pray that I may live a life like Faith lived hers. She knew how to worship Christ and please Him in everything she did. She is one of my biggest role models and recall her  life to help me make good decisions. She was truly an angel and, somehow, I was lucky enough to know her. I am so blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment