Thursday, January 9, 2014

You Say Goodbye & I Say Hello

Over the past few weeks I've really looked internally at who I am and what I am doing with my time on this earth. I would be lying if I said that Gram's passing has nothing to do with this personal and internal evaluation; it has everything to do with Gram. Initially, I felt lost after she passed. What was I supposed to do without her? She answered my big life questions, she was my go-to and one of my greatest role models. It is only now, three weeks later and back at school that I realize that all of Gram's talks and lessons were setting me up for this moment when I wouldn't have her to bounce an idea off of. She was teaching me what I needed to know to stand on my own two feet.

Now, looking at my life, I see holes and gaps. The locations of these holes in my life are areas where I want the road to be smooth. So, I'm putting up signs and starting the long, hot process of repaving and reestablishing my priorities in life. I am tired of the constant negativity that seemed to be weighing down my life. I don't want it.

Goodbye negativity. Hello optimism.
Goodbye judgement. Hello acceptance.
Goodbye pity. Hello prayer.
Goodbye inferiority. Hello confidence.
Goodbye complaints. Hello motivation.
Goodbye awkward. Hello pride.
Goodbye uneasiness. Hello Lord.

I am saying hello to a better, more Christ-centered, confident, happy person and I have my grandmother to thank for all of the lessons that she taught me over these 21 years. Much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment