Saturday, October 12, 2013

Actions speak louder then words

Faith is personal. It is something all your own and no one can take it from you. But, God calls us to share our faith and His name. While many people rely on reciting scripture, I have always had the intention, or simply hope, that my faith and God's word would shine through my actions and my words. It's a difficult task. We all fall--me, both figuratively and literally--but Christ's love is worth getting back up for.

A friend confirmed my hopes tonight when she shared her own revelations about faith and God with me. I apologized that I never said anything about my faith to her, that I had never helped her along in her faith. With complete serenity, she told me that I did. Looking back, she can see God's hand through our friendship and encouraging words. It is so simple and, yet so powerful to know that my day-to-day actions are seen as more then movements. It's a great reminder that, while we are constantly being judged and scrutinized by others, we also have the power to show compassion toward them. Actions are a dynamic thing that so often get over looked.

I've always had this notion that blog posts are supposed to be at least two or three solid paragraphs. Yet, this is all I have. I am still wrapping my head around the idea; I had so many thoughts running through my head that I needed to at least get one written down. So, here it is: God loves us and He calls on us to do different things, lead different lives, and share His good news in different ways. Lead a life that God would be proud of and let your actions be your words.

No comments:

Post a Comment