Monday, February 4, 2013

Conformity

The pressures of the world surround us. Strength, anger, perfection, competition... The list could go on. And every day we are called to rise above those pressures and to call upon the Lord for guidance and comfort.

We all know people who unknowingly test us. They can just walk into the room and our nerves suddenly surge. Your contempt for them seems to radiant from your body and you barely mumble responses to simply avoid them at all costs. Do you know that feeling? I know this is a little dramatic, but when you are in the moment, you feel these emotions so vividly that they consume your whole being.

I was tested by one of these people today and I just about snapped. Everyone has their boiling point and I was about to let off some steam. Thankfully, that's when the Lord stepped in. He ushered her out of the room and left me alone with Him to pray. Just as quickly as my negative emotions blurred my thoughts, the Lord wrapped His arms around me. That is when I broke. Even with all of that anger inside of me, He still offers me a shoulder to cry on and an arm to steady myself when I get back up and dust off.

This isn't a long, thought provoking post. In fact, my point is simply that the Lord loves us. He forgives the things that we hate most about ourselves and wraps us in kindness and light. We are so incredibly blessed and we have to remember to never take Him for granted. We can also never be scared to come back to Him when we loose our footing on the path of life. He has our back and He'll forgive us of all our trespasses (thank goodness!). And that is as simple as it gets.

No comments:

Post a Comment