Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Couldn't Wait For 21

Yesterday was my 21st birthday. Wait, what? I'm sorry, I'm in denial. Don't get me wrong, I'm beyond excited! I've been counting down to my 21st birthday for months. The fact that I have been counting down for so long and the fact that my birthday has already come and gone is baffling. I'm still trying to wrap my head around it. So weird.

The night before my birthday, I had some friends over to celebrate. My roommate decorated our apartment, we made homemade queso and served some yummy drinks. The coolest part, though, were the people who filled my apartment and sang Happy Birthday to me at midnight. I couldn't help but smile when my best friend from high school did my make up, when my other good friend brought over cupcakes and when my friend drove in from Atlanta for less then 12 hours just to see me.

There were so many different friend groups there: high school, sorority, "band of friendzz" and the random, amazing people that I have gotten to know through date night set-ups, mutual friends and classes. All of these people came to celebrate with me--and get some queso, let's be honest. But no matter their reason for coming, I am so glad that each and every one of them did. It made me realize how incredibly blessed I am to have such fun and loving people to call my friends. I have no idea what I did to be so lucky, but I am extremely thankful. I count my blessings every day; God is so good!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment