Sunday, June 19, 2011

Two Left Feet

I love to try new things: food, restaurants, places, etc. I also love to dance. However, put "new" and "dance" together and my body goes into crazy mode. My friends and I were hanging out tonight and we were swing dancing and learning new moves. Correction, I was simply learning how to trust myself. I don't know if I was hesitant to jump and swing because I have no hand/eye coordination or if I was scared to have someone else supporting all of my weight. Either way, tonight was a mess. I have always watched all of the TV dancing competitions and wished that someday I would have the opportunity to learn the steps and flips. Tonight was that chance, and I didn't seize it. For a person who grasps every moment by the horns, letting an opportunity slip by is extremely frustrating.
I need to learn how to let go, how to put my worries and fears in the coat check while I have a good time inside. I need to learn how to trust the Lord with all my heart, with all my mind, and with all my soul so that he can lead me on the dance floor. He is leading my life and I am sitting here trying to control it and make it perfect. I know that, while it might not be perfect, the Lord will lead me to and through whatever situations lay ahead of me. I need to let go and let God be my rhythm and beat.

No comments:

Post a Comment