Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014 was my year

2014 was always the year that I looked forward to. It was the year I would graduate college--whether it took me four years or four and a half years it would still be 2014. It would be the year that my "real life" finally started: my own fancy apartment, a fab job, maybe a dog (doubtful, but part of the dream). It was going to be a great year. As I write this on December 31, 2014 and reflect on the year only a few of the things in my 2014 dream happened, but it was the year of me and I wouldn't have changed one part of it.

I did graduate college, I graduated cum laude from my dream school in four years. I traveled to Italy, a dream that I had had for years. To make it even better, I traveled around the most beautiful cities for two weeks with one of my (now) very best friends. I haven't landed the dream job yet, but I've been fortunate to intern with an international PR agency for the past five months and have gained so much knowledge and experience. I have yet to even go apartment hunting, since I don't have the fab job to pay for a fancy apartment.

These were great accomplishments and, what I thought, life-halting set backs. Looking back on the year though, I've defined it as the year of me. Loosing my grandmother at the end of 2013 was hard. I faltered in my relationship with The Lord for the first half of this year. I lost sight of who I was and what I wanted. When I realized this and took a step back, I began to really focus on who I was and I what I wanted in life. I tried new things, spent time alone, went out of my way to satisfy my curiosity. I learned about life and about myself. Going into 2015, I am confident in who I am and aspire to be. I am closer with God today than I ever have been. I have accepted the cards I have been dealt and take comfort in knowing that The Lord has my roadmap in hand.

2014 was my year and I can't wait to see what the future holds!

No comments:

Post a Comment