Friday, April 6, 2012

Ah-Ha Moment

As humans, we're inquisitive. We LOVE asking questions. We all know those people, where every other sentence seems to be a question. I'm guilty of it, we all are at times. Recently though, I feel like I have been questioning the Lord more than I used to. Maybe I realize this because my relationship with Christ has become deeper and more rich, but I'm unsure.
The question that I want to highlight is why I ended up at UGA. I made the decision to not go to Michigan State 2 years ago and I still get asked, "why did you want to go to the University of Georgia?" My answer usually involves being close to my family, the beautiful campus, etc. While these are 100% true, I've known--subconsciously-- that God changed my mind about MSU and made me send in my deposit for UGA. But why? What crazy plan did he have working in my life 2 years ago? I think I know, at least part of his plan now.
I was just recently accepted to the Certificate of Personal and Organizational Leadership (CPOL) program at UGA. Each year, only 60 students are selected from the hundreds that apply. I am still in shock and completely humbled that I was selected. Our orientation sessions was on Wednesday night and that is where the Lord's plan hit me. As I sat there and listened to professors and students explain the program and the classes that we will be taking, I couldn't knock the smile off my face. I was hearing these refined and seemingly dignified people talk about self-discovery and personal knowledge that has led them to become more insightful in their lives and towards the people they come into contact with. The explained how meditation and deep thought through the classes I will soon be taking has led them to not only become better leaders, but better people. Without warning, a feeling of peace, realization, and understanding washed over me.
This moment, this opportunity, this program is the reason, or one of the main ones at least, that God inspired me to go to UGA. To develop my thoughts and passions to better serve those around me. That is leadership and he is giving me this chance to learn more about myself and how I can help other, thus serving him more completely. It was hard to shut my month after the meeting. I wanted to tell everyone that I came into contact with that I am at peace with myself and where I am in my life. I still have questions and I don't think I will ever stop asking them, but this understanding out the CPOL program and God's plan for me has reassured me that, while I might ask questions, God will answer them when he is ready. He will open my eyes to the greatness that is his light and his plan when I can handle it. We all have trials and tribulations in our lives and although earthly materials cloud our thoughts, we must remember that Christ has our best intentions in mind and that, through Him, we will be ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment