Monday, March 28, 2011

Mom. Dad. I love you.

It's been a few weeks since I have posted. I'm sad at this fact, but that also means that I have not been procrastinating on my homework. However, I have been wanting to write on this specific topic for awhile and I figure now is as good a time as any.
First of all, my parents are amazing. Period. No questions asked. My brother and I had an amazing childhood, awkward pre-teen stage, and teenage years. (For my brother, I suppose this can go into adulthood, because he's officially 21!) We were trusted by our parents and disciplined when we needed to be. My dad gave me a love for laughter, classic rock, and never paying for something that you can fix yourself. My mom taught me how to deal with friends, act like a "lady," and hunt down a sale. In a quick overview, I freaking love my parents.
While I usually acknowledge and thank them for doing something for me, they deserve so much more. This year was the first year that I went on Spring Break with just a group of friends, no adults. Was it crazy? If you consider laying on the beach for 6 hours a day, cooking dinners, watching tv, and going to sleep fairly early crazy. Then, yes, we had a crazy Spring Break. On the way back home, I was going a little fast on the highway (Not ok! Don't ever do it! It's scary and dangerous!) and was pulled over. Let's just say that I was shaking so badly that I could not sign the ticket without really, really concentrating. It was my first, and hopefully my last, encounter with law enforcement. I was debating about whether or not to tell my parents. Well, I did in the end. They were not happy, I was not happy, but they helped me.
Family is there through thick and thin, good and bad. I know that a speeding ticket is not the extreme definition of "bad," but for me it was a terrifying event. They were there for me. I can't even say how much it meant to me. It still blows my mind how great they are to me. So, Mommy and Dear-ole-dad, I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment