Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Take me back

Today was filled with AJGA memories. My summer internship, now six months ago, taught me so much. The experience opened my eyes to different ways of life, accepting others for who they are and constantly striving to better myself and my work. I guess you could call those some of life's biggest lessons. It still amazes me that I was afforded such an amazing experience. I worked the longest, hottest, and most challenging days of my life, but each day with my team at the golf course was a blessing.

It's funny looking back. The laughs and radio babble are so fresh in my mind. I can still ride through each course we visited in my head. Everything, everyone is so close, yet when I open my eyes to reality life has gone on. Each member of my team has gone back to their respective states and picked their individual life up again. I like to believe that they they have been effected as much as I have from the experience. I've spoken to some of my teammates about it, and they feel the same way I do: the summer with AJGA was one of the best experiences we have had thus far in our lives. Who would have thought to throw eight people from all different backgrounds, various states and wide-ranging personalities together for two and a half months? 

The AJGA impressed me during my interview process with their deduction to their employees and constant stress on professionalism, leadership and character. I received a hand written letter from a full time staff member just the other day thanking me again for my dedication to the internship. In the envelope was a picture of my team from training before we left for the summer. It was a simple gesture, but it displayed the AJGA's class and rich culture that I am still so enthralled with.

I am typing out this blog on my phone just like I had to do so many times this summer due to my host family's lack of wireless internet. Even this simple thing takes me back to the hot Texas sun and wonderful Louisiana hospitality. No one but my teammates can truly grasp the bond that I feel with them. We somehow all fit together perfectly: one persons strengths picked up where another's weaknesses began to show. I think about and pray for them constantly. They are a part of my life; They are my family no matter how much time passes.

No comments:

Post a Comment